Friday, September 19, 2008

Tin Cans..........

Hey ya'll. I haven't posted in a while.....been busy, busy, busy. Thought I'd share a little craft I've been doing lately, and actually been doing quite well in my Ebay store. I have been using plain recycled tin cans and painting or rusting them and using them for pencil holders, utensil holders in the kitchen, or filling with silk flowers for a little prim arrangement. They seem to be going pretty good. When I first started making these, Rob laughed and said, "Mom........surely you don't think people are gonna buy those??!!". He doesn't understand "Prims" anyway. But now...who's laughing!! I remember he said the same thing about my rag balls!! You can check these little cans out in my Ebay Store, my online store and in my Etsy Shoppe. I can also make special orders..special color combinations if needed.





Love All Ya'll,
Vic

7 comments:

Renna said...

They're darling, Vic, as well as useful; and I love the idea of repurposing something which would otherwise end up in a landfill!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Well, Vic! I'm all for tin cans!!!! LOVE the old prim look and love the hearts in them!!!! Make some pin cushions out of them, too!!!!! I'm saving some tuna cans for that! Hey, whatever works, right????? Cora

Nancy M. said...

Great idea for recycling. Very smart, I never would have thought about it.

Debra said...

They are lovely, and really artistic. So glad you are doing well with them!
Love, Debra

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Those are really cute and a great idea. I thought about doing some up, but never got it just like a lot of things. LOL.

I would be more than happy to enter you into my giveaway. Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. I love your blog title picture!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Great idea! They are cute. I love your blog. The music is lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

good luck on ebay.

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/

Heart of Wisdom said...

I don't know how the last post came up rfk.

Sorry about that. I clicked on it and read the info...I have no idea.

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/