Saturday, June 28, 2008

What Gives Me Peace

Thanks to all my friends who have been praying with me for our decision for the praise band opportunity. Just to let you know, we haven't made one. It seems like the opposition is really getting in the way. This church is in the middle of a battle between people wanting to keep it traditional and people wanting to go contemporary. It concerns us that we're stepping right in the middle. But, then again, is this what God wants? Please continue with us to lift this opportunity up in prayer and stay in God's will.

In the meantime, when I need a place to go for peace, I go out on the back porch and look at all of God's work. He's really blessed me with a simple, peaceful backyard that I thought I'd share with all ya'll. We've planted tomatoes, squash, cukes, peppers, basil, oregano, lavender, hummingbird vine....all kinds of things. It's not much, but it's everything to me....all the stuff I love. Most of it was free. Stuff from the dump (we call it the "Mall") or stuff that people we know were gonna throw away. And stuff from the barn we don't use anymore since the horses left. The old pots came from my dear Aunt Evelyn's house in Greenville (now in assistant living). Those have been there ever since I can remember. The garden angel came from my sister-in-law's house in Charlotte...she was gonna throw it away. And, oh yeah, yes, that's a "redneck hot tub". We took an old watering trough from the barn that we didn't need anymore and turned it into a "spa". Believe it or not, it really brings relief on those 100 degree plus days. Gives a new meaning to that word we use so often......SIMPLiFY :)

Ya'll come see us!!



Love all ya'll,
Vic


4 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Just beautiful, Vic! I felt like I was sitting on your porch with you there. I love simple things. Doesn't take much to make me happy and the word, FREE, just does it!
I'm still praying for you, and I know you will know what to do! There is a verse that says, "Then we shall know, if we follow on to know the Lord." Hosea 6:3. Seek HIM! Get to know HIM and HIS heart, and then you will just know. . . . .

Cora

Juri said...

I would love to be sitting on your back porch and can certainly see why you find your peace there! We all have our places, don't we, where we feel at peace? Like Cora, I loved the word "free", too! And what a great hot tub!!! I will continue to pray, as well, that you find where the Lord is leading you! Again, I am so glad I found your blog!

Juri

Farmhouse Blessings said...

You just keep seeking, Vic, and the Lord will provide all the answers!

I laughed so hard when I read that you call the dump "The Mall". Wonderful! That is the only mall that I enjoy too! You've created such a peaceful place to enjoy. It's delightful!

Smiles,
Lea

Nancy M. said...

I love the pictures of your backyard! I hope everything will work out for your church. Thanks for visiting my blog. I live in Chesterfield. Not too far from you, I don't think.