1. I was an aerobics instructor for years. Taught both women and a co-ed class at my job, kinda like a corporate fitness program.....please keep in mind, this was back in the 80's. Even dabbled in bodybuilding, and was invited to compete in a couples competition, but just couldn't do it. There was too many steroids being used, and I couldn't be a part of that.
2. My husband Jackie and I started a youth praise band at our church a few years ago, and had a big "Jammin' For Jesus" concert. Not braggin, but we absolutely PACKED that place. It was one of the most rewarding things the Lord has ever blessed me with.
3. I took engineering classes while I was a Senior Buyer at a machine gun manufacturing plant. Thought I might want to do that, but decided it wasn't for me. I just continued as a buyer for 12 years. Then moved on....
4. Worked with the local county Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission for a few years. It's funny how God puts things together to prepare you for trials to come. I still use the knowledge I acquired in this job today to help those that God puts in my path who struggle in this area.
5. I've actually had a hand in breaking horses a few years ago. Not that I was that good, only that (at that time) I was so tiny, I could just hang on for dear life whenever they would put me on these crazy animals.
So you see, I guess I'm a jack of all trades, but a master of none!! Never stayed on one thing long enough to actually make a career of anything. But that's OK. I know that's how HE wanted it :)
Oh yeah, ya'll check out my friend Cora's blog: